Thursday, January 3, 2013

a post full

Happy New Year! There's been a lot of family time going on around here and not a lot of solo writing time. But, here I am, making it back here with a lot to catch up on.

We've taken a few more steps down the fertility path. Some blood work, including genetic testing. It's optional, and we did give both sides of it some thought. On one hand, it's just more to be paranoid about when pregnant; how many issues could this child possibly have. On the other hand, it gives you a lot of knowledge that you can use to make a choice. Getting pregnant naturally, or before these tests existed, it was your fate, what kind of child you got. Now, it still is, but if the odds are against you, you can say nope, that's not for me. Selfish? Sure. Better or worse than being surprised? Maybe some of both. 

More tests for me, too, making sure the womb is looking good and will be an inviting place for an embryo when the time comes. All looks good, which is a relief and hopeful. Hopefully the only problem has been the sperm and egg actually meeting and once we get past that part, we'll be in the clear. Hopefully.






Meanwhile, we spent New Year's Day on an inaugural skiing adventure with the boy. No, he didn't actually make it onto the skis, BUT... he did love the snow. We got a late start, it's a long trip, he had no nap, the boots felt tight to him and he was at the end of his rope. So, I sent Fraser off to ski while Jacob and I went to play in a snowbank. Honestly, I don't think he really remembers any of his other snow adventures in his young life, so this is actually a good start. Next time, we'll start earlier and get the rentals before we're at the mountain.

before
after
  I also had some New Year's Eve motivation and tackled the pantry - something I've been wanting to do for ages now. Always interesting to go through a cupboard you haven't been through in two years. Yea.... I got rid of a lot of expired things. Things that we had had in Boulder for awhile. What can I say? I think I take after my mother... except that I believe food products can actually expire ;)



And, probably my favourite upcoming endeavor... a quilt for Jacob! It was going to be for his birthday. Then Christmas. He has informed me, though, that he doesn't really want it, that he likes the blanket he already has. So, I feel no pressure to get it done in a timely fashion. I told him that I wanted to make it for me, then. He didn't have to use it. The boy doesn't like change... I guess he gets that from me. However, some day his little blanket will be too small for him and he will need something else. Heehee..... I'm pretty sure he'll like it once it's his.

 Sorry for the mishmash of topics here today. I've been storing up a bit too long, so it all just had to come out. Enjoy the parts you will, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment