Thursday, November 8, 2012

saying I love you

Recently, we have been touched by some sadness. Don't worry, it's nothing directly related to us, but it has touched us all the same. Whenever there is a loss of another being you care about or have cared about or even have only met once but whose company you have enjoyed, there is a time of pausing. Our hearts hold the sadness, grieve the loss of something vibrant and look to our lives for all that we ourselves hold dear.

My friends, it is all of you who I hold so dear. There is not one person who has passed through my life (or who will pass through) who is unimportant. Yes, you are so important to me and to who I am, but also, you are so very important in who you are. Who you are is what makes you important to me, in fact. Distance and time are inconveniences for some of us, but my heart knows you just the same and always will. 

There is no time like the present to tell someone you love him or her. It's never too soon or too late or too strange. If you feel it in your heart, let it out, give it space to roam freely through this world and into those around us. We all need to hear it. We all need to say it. You never know the power of those words and even more, that feeling of love that fills us. 

So, say it today. Say it to someone you've never said it to before. Say it again to someone who already knows. Say it to yourself. 

I love you all. Thank you for being you.

 

2 comments:

  1. I love you, dear daughter-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you too! I'm so grateful that I have been blessed with amazing sisters-in-law since I don't have one of my own. Each of my SIL's are amazing women who I am proud to call family and friends. You are all also AWESOME aunties to Charlie. I love Jacob and his amazing sense of curiosity. I love Fraser and will always appreciate him keeping me company as a "married-in" Winkler.

    ReplyDelete