Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My Muddled Mind

Oh, friends. It has been awhile since I've written. Sometimes, life feels so busy. Even when nothing in particular is going on! 

I've been busy with some things, I suppose. I did finish one bathroom! You can kind of see it in this picture of my new cute wooden tray - $1.99 at the thrift store.


I have also finished my t-shirt quilt!!! This project has been going on since March. Longest quilt project ever and probably the hardest first time quilt to do. However, I am very proud of the fact that I did it all by myself and that I handstitched the binding - a first for me!




Other than that, we've been trying to enjoy the fall weather. Went to visit a pumpkin patch over the weekend, which was fun and muddy. And over these past couple days of actual sunshine, we've been trying to get out and enjoy that before it completely disappears for the next 8 months. I've been collecting leaves like crazy. I just can't help myself; they're so beautiful! And occasionally, I papparazzi my child when he's looking particularly adorable and the lighting is just right. I'll share some of my favourites...

Jacob's favourite part of the farm- a conveyor belt














 Please forgive me for sharing so many pictures of Jacob. Usually I try to limit myself a bit more as I do realize not everyone wants to see as many pictures of my child as I do. But.... he is adorable. 

He's also been referring to himself these days as "Britches". This started because I called him that one evening as he was chewing on the drawstrings of his pants. Now, everything is, "Mommy, say 'what are you doing there, Britches?" And all sorts of other questions and comments that I'm supposed to direct at "Britches". It's hilarious, really, and very fun to watch him break into a huge grin every time I use the name. 

I do want to try and write more. Sometimes I get so overwhelmed with all the things I want to do and then some of the things I should do along with a few things I have to do. I can't make my brain quiet long enough to pick what it is I'm actually going to do. Then I procrastinate by getting absorbed in the blog world and there are so many wonderful, crafty, beautiful, inspiring, intimidating, intriguing blogs out there that then I start feeling overwhelmed by what all I want to contribute to this medium. 

This blog is meant to be a journey for myself and something to share with those I love. At the same time, it's so easy to compare to others and feel so... not busy. I only have one child and feel like I "should" have time for more projects. Sigh. Then I gently remind myself that this is about finding my path, not copying someone else's. Maybe I could try a few others on here and there but, in the end, this is about looking inside of me to find out what is there. So, we'll see how this transforms and what it looks like over time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment