Sunday, July 29, 2018

soul vitamins

Soul vitamins. That's what Danielle LaPorte calls the things in your life that rejuvenate you, lift your spirit and give you life. I live in a cement box, otherwise known as an apartment, that cuts me off from what is alive in this world and to my connection to it all.

I go out this afternoon and 30 seconds on the trail and I can feel all the bullshit start sliding off: the worries, stress, decisions, upsets, resistances, doubts, lack. It just disappears. And just like that, my heart and soul return home. Home to knowing they are powerful, whole, complete, made of the Divine, the Universal Intelligence that is all around us.

When I am here, amongst the trees, dirt, birds, bugs, water rushing over rocks centuries old... I know why I am in this life. I am here to be a part of this. I am here to be out among it, not hiding from it. I am here to connect people, especially women, to their spirits, their strengths and to each other through this glorious, miraculous, abundant planet. I am here to see wonders that my heart will never forget, beauty that alters the mind and human spirit, to connect people to this in their souls such that they would never have the merest trace of a thought of abusing this place we call home. I am here to see this world, the people in it, to be big and bold and love. To be the space where all people can show up as whole and complete. This is my declaration.

I have been holding out on myself. Holding out on my joy, pleasure and receiving of play and fun in this life! I have been holding onto hurts that don't serve me and haven't for years. I just read a line that touched me: don't go looking for happiness where you lost it.

I am free. Free to be who I am. Free to go where I please. Free to be expressed. Free to choose my freedom (or not).

Sometimes, life throws you a curveball and it can suck. It can feel shitty and hard and brutal. And then, we get to let that go. Get up. Look up. When I look up at those trees growing, for years, to reach the sunlight, the open sky, to see beyond all the undergrowth... I know that anything is possible. That I am not here by accident. That I too, am growing to my light.

Are you doing what you came here to do? Or are you going through the paces? Are you telling your kids that they can grow up to be anything but you're too afraid to quit the job that is stable but that you hate? Are you in a relationship that feels safe but keeps shrinking you, burying who you are?

Stop it. That's enough. It can be the scariest feeling in the world to declare what you want to do with your self in this world. People might laugh at you, tell you you can't, ignore you, leave you. Let them. You are the only one you have to live with.

So, go.... go LIVE. That's the only reason we're here.

No comments:

Post a Comment