Saturday, March 28, 2015

life is...

These days, life is a little bit of everything:

:: full of cleaning out, cleaning out, cleaning out

Fraser's suit to clean out the top of the shed...

... which was filled with this.
 :: researching everything we need to know before leaving: vaccinations, visas, money, places, employment options, tickets.... oh my!

:: feeling such gratitude for all the wonderful people we have in our lives here: Jacob's friends who live close by, our great school community, awesome neighbours, my fantastic and supportive women at the gym/dance class, old and new friends alike

:: excitement about beginning a new blog in the not-to-distant (hopefully) future where I will be writing more specifically about our traveling adventures and those we meet along the way

:: helping Jacob get ready for a bit transition in his life that will be different for him and for all of us

 
:: and, of course, our days are filled with The Cuteness (and yes, that is what I call him)





making a call



 And just because it feels fitting, I'll also include a poem from one of my favourite poets, Mary Oliver. She often speaks right to my heart.
  
The Summer Day

Who made the world?
Who made the swan, and the black bear?
Who made the grasshopper?
This grasshopper, I mean-
the one who has flung herself out of the grass,
the one who is eating sugar out of my hand,
who is moving her jaws back and forth instead of up and down-
who is gazing around with her enormous and complicated eyes.
Now she lifts her pale forearms and thoroughly washes her face.
Now she snaps her wings open, and floats away.
I don't know exactly what a prayer is.
I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down
into the grass, how to kneel down in the grass,
how to be idle and blessed, how to stroll through the fields,
which is what I have been doing all day.
Tell me, what else should I have done?
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

1 comment:

  1. So I wanna hear all about your thought process on choosing South America!

    ReplyDelete