Thursday, October 2, 2014

start here

First of all, thank you all for such wonderful comments of support after my last post. Very much appreciated!

After I posted that I was looking back at previous blog entries, and I came upon one I'd written while in Portland. I had been at a coffee shop working on my writing and someone had asked me if I was an artist. That had made me ponder what that meant and if, indeed, I was one (or at least trying to work toward being one). It's good to hear your own words come back to you sometimes.

One of my excuses for not doing more sewing, is that I haven't been able to find my cutting mat since the move. When we moved, I purposely set aside all the quilt pieces for Jacob's quilt that I started in January of 2013 (ahem) so that I could finish it. I bought more fabric to finish it when we got here and almost bought another cutting mat but just couldn't justify spending the money when I thought mine would surely turn up soon. Well.... a year later, still no mat. 

So.... in the vein of working on more art, I bought a new one. I am not even going to tell you how much it cost because you will just make fun of me for not buying it sooner. 


And I took out the quilt to measure it against Jacob's current bed and the blanket he uses now. After all this time, I want to be sure the size I make will still fit him.



I'm not quite sure yet where in my house exactly I'm going to continue working on this project nor do I know exactly when. But I have ideas about where and as for when.... well, as often as I can choose to. As for today, it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment