Monday, July 8, 2013

on the fritz

I'll admit that I haven't been as motivated to take pictures here yet. I want to and yet.... I don't know. It's hot, I have to carry around a big camera, I'm not feeling inspired yet. I think it's harder to take pictures of what is familiar to me rather than what is new, although I agree that this is a good way to look at things in a different way. Also, my camera is on the fritz. I need to take it in but don't want to be camera-less for who knows how long! I've been meeting all sorts of people into photography and have signed up for an online class and my camera is having issues! 

So... here are some pictures from this evening. Some were taken with manual focusing so they're a little blurry. I find that my lens limits how close I can get to something, which is frustrating. I've been pondering investing in another lens, but it's an expensive investment. Sigh... someday.





If you really want to see some great photos, though, you should go here . These pictures are by the guy who lives in the basement apartment of the house we're renting. I am definitely picking his brain for info! Of course, he says that he does spend a lot of time in Photoshop which is another level for me that is not as appealing as just taking the pictures. There are plenty of inspiring pictures on the whole 500px.com website, though.
 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your camera, Jill, but these pictures are amazing! Beautiful area. Is that the park you mentioned?

    Much Love to you!!
    Cynda Mom

    ReplyDelete