Wednesday, May 9, 2012

slow and steady...

Slow, yes. Steady? Hmm... I'm trying. Really, I am. This goal is challenging. I want to get things cleared out and organized. I just start thinking about what I really want to tackle (the garage) but I get VERY intimidated. So, then I just do nothing. Not the best strategy, eh?

I have done a little bit here and there. I went through my closet and pulled out some clothes that I have not worn for awhile. It wasn't a huge pile, but it was something. 

I went through Jacob's toy chest today. I put away some of the more baby toys that were still out and threw out some of the accumulated papers, lids, old craft projects and things like that. It doesn't look a whole lot different, but I can tell that it's neater. 


What to do about the garage? There are things I'd like out of boxes and in my house, things I'd like out of boxes and out of my house. It is a large commitment, though. The boxes are pretty organized right now. To disorganize them, unpack them, sort them and repack what's left.... not to mention the piles that are always left behind after all the repacking is done. Piles for: recycling, craigslist, donation, question mark. Not to mention the question of how long we're going to actually be in this house and how much we want to take apart before we do move... at some point. Sigh.

So, I'm trying to stay motivated to organize my other places while holding off on the inevitable garage project. Maybe there is a compromise to be reached somewhere. Or maybe lots of inside work to accomplish and feel good about. Thankfully, it is still the beginning of the month. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment