Tuesday, June 9, 2015

the open road

For this blog, I'm beginning at the end. Our house is in a complete state of disorder. It's all the little stuff at the end that you don't know what to do with: half-used bottles of shampoo, random bars of decorative soap, the condiments in the fridge, bobby pins scattered at the bottom of drawers. And always, at our house, marbles and Perler beads in all sorts of crevices.


Almost all the stuff is out, though: we have gotten rid of so much, I'm leaving on a plane tomorrow with the kids to head to Michigan while Fraser is going to finish up here and then head to Georgia in the car. 

We've had a farewell gathering, said our good-byes to good friends, watched Jacob go through the same with his friends.




The road before us is open. I don't know what it will look like yet. That is at the same time exciting and scary. But I know that, no matter what it looks like, I am in charge of it. I get to choose and create it the way I want it to go. 

Here's to growth, adventure, love and full self-expression. Here's to a life worth living.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment