Thursday, May 16, 2013

this day

Today is the day. By the end of today, we should know whether this whole crazy process has worked. I'll have a blood test this morning, and the office will call with my results later in the day. So, I'll be avoiding my phone like a plague.

Overall, I feel surprisingly calm. But I think that's because I'm not letting myself think too much about it. There have been some good distractions since the transfer, which I have been thankful for, and this day has arrived sooner than I thought it would. That's usually the way with things you're not exactly looking forward to, eh?

I will write about the results, I promise. I won't leave you hanging. I just might not write about them today. If the result is negative, I imagine I'll need some time to process that. And if it's positive, I imagine I'll be in a state of disbelief and shock. I have had 36 negative test results, after all. So, keep sending good vibes, but don't call. I will give you the update as soon as I can. 

Thank you to all of you for your wonderful support through all this. It has truly helped me to process it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment