Wednesday, November 14, 2012

3

A year can go by in the blink of an eye. To be sure, the days do not always pass that quickly. And the challenging moments sometimes hog too much of the spotlight. But in the end, it's mostly the good times that stick in my mind. Even still, it's easy to forget what has changed in a whole year; haven't I been looking into this one boy's face the whole time?


I haven't been, though. Every day he changes, grows, thinks a new thought (or several). Every day he becomes more of himself. 

I am so grateful to witness so much of this learning. So grateful for all his smiles and laughs and cuddles and jokes. I suppose I'm even grateful for his tantrums because his stubborness will surely help him throughout his life, as it has me. I'm grateful for all the pictures I get to take which are being accompanied by more and more attitude (always interesting...). I am grateful for such a good year, full of health and learning and love. 




 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment