Sunday, January 15, 2012

three fun things

1. Snow!! A very thin layer on things and some off and on flakes of different sizes during the day. No other accumulation except for the morning surprise, but still..... snow. Beautiful, cold, white snow. Jacob and I stuck our heads out the door to smell it. When Fraser asked him what it smelled like, he said, "Cold and frost." We were all out enjoying a snowball fight by 8am.

2. I went to a new writing group today at one of the local libraries. They had a speaker who was a writing coach which was neat to hear. And it was good to just get out there amongst writers again and start feeling the inspiration again. I enjoy blogging, but it's not the same as crafting stories. I'm working my way back to that.


3. Fraser made dinner tonight - chicken in a pot, from Cook's Illustrated. It's a French method for making a deliciously juicy bird. And was it ever! Very easy, too. Inspired by the French theme, Jacob helped me make French-style Yogurt Cake with Lemon . The recipe is from the book A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from my Kitchen Table by Molly Wizenberg. She also has a blog, Orangette . Her writing is very personal, entertaining and moving. I'm reading her book at present and have tried several recipes (which I have enjoyed). Even Fraser liked this cake, and anyone who knows Fraser knows he doesn't do sweets. Lightly sweet and nicely tangy from the lemon. We all found the entire, family-made dinner "scrumptious", to use Jacob's word.

No comments:

Post a Comment