Thursday, January 12, 2012

p.m.

We had a simply gorgeous day to day: bright, blue skies and sunshine. Very cold still, but who cares! Sunshine! This makes my next words a bit anticlimactic, though; we went looking for terrarium glass at the craft store and Goodwill. Still, every second spent in any beam of sunlight was greatly enjoyed.  And I found some nice, linen napkins. I'm a sucker for linen.

The evening. The hardest time of day. Of course I've been up since six, been entertaining, teaching, loving, guiding, disciplining, etc. a three-year-old all day plus trying to accomplish some tasks around the house and making dinner. So, yes, I should be tired. It's more than that, though. I've been paying attention recently. I think it's the mental knowledge that the day is almost over. That I just have to make it through an hour or so more, bath time and bed time and then I'll be done. Knowing that I'm so close makes me feel "done" before I really am. This is not good. 

Mind over matter. Or some caffeine around 5, maybe. An evening plan/distraction/adventure? Something to distract myself. I'm not sure yet. But I know I have to shift something within myself in the evenings. So... something to work on, then. Any of you parents out there with good ideas... feel free to send them my way.



No comments:

Post a Comment