Monday, November 26, 2012

the South

It feels like a very long time since I've posted something. I've had different things in mind and great intentions, but I haven't made it to the computer until now. We traveled to Georgia the day before Thanksgiving and past that, it's just been a whirlwind of cousins and food and thankfulness and late nights and good times. I have finally found a moment to take a breath and write something!

Continuing on in the theme of thankfulness, I would say I am thankful to have married into such an amazing family and one that has many differences than my own. We share many common values, definitely, but the Southern culture is very different than the Midwest. I like that I am able to learn about it and experience it firsthand. This country has so many different little areas with their own nuances. In the South, I always feel special and taken care of here. Of course, part of that is just my amazing family, as I said before.



























 

1 comment:

  1. Jill- A pleasure meeting you today AND seeing your blog, which just might be an inspiration. Be well and keep up the good work!- Ron of Bethany Village Starbucks.

    ReplyDelete