Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sauvie Island Farms

We have found a favourite pumpkin patch. At least for this season. Sauvie Island Farms is fantastic. Haystack pyramid, haystack maze, kids corn maze, animals, pumpkins, gourds, looong hay ride, u-pick and already picked vegetables. Oh, and all of it except they actual things you brought home (i.e. pumpkins, vegetables) were free! These days so many pumpkin patches entail bounce houses and pumpkin cannons and pony rides and they all cost money, each time your child does them. And not that those things aren't fun. It's just.... sometimes I'd like to go to a pumpkin patch to experience a little bit more of the fall fun and not carnival fun. Sometimes, the simpler the better. 








We met up with our play group for the outing, and it turned out to be a very good showing of us all. We did take the quintessential picture of all the kids on the haystack pyramid. I must say, I felt very much like a mother at that point. Or very much like I imagine my mom feeling when I look at some of the group shots taken when I was a child. Oh, time....









Also, the things you can buy are so inexpensive! Tomatoes for $1 a pound!! I got ten. Pounds that is. I'm going to be making some sauce. We came back with some fun treats, including some beautiful Indian corn and, Jacob's favourite, a caramel apple. With mini M&M's. Oh yeah, we were happy.


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment